4.1.15

Gold in the dirt - Gold in the dirt





Artwork by Zayna Tarek

Everyday I climb one stair Everyday different ones care Everyday the wind blows Everyday it all grows
I walk with a script I wield The words I write satisfy my needs I control the world, I wear the crown Suddenly it all crashes down
The book is pulled away from me I control none now, I just get to see What am I living for? I had never met you before
Evil from ponds to seas Evil from seeds to trees Evil I hear, evil I see Evil everywhere, evil in me
In every corner a broken man bleeds In this world there is no ease Through this endless dark We wondered how it all starts
But through this endless night I have found one last light That there is in my life a core That I have met you before

Yet one thing remains Through guilt and disdain Yet remains my pride Upon myself I've wept and cried
Above me, a voice from the light speaks "Escape from this havoc before it's wreaked" The whispers follow me from the shadows "Stay and with us you shall wallow"
Nowhere is my heart taking me Weakened, I can neither stay nor flee Why am I such a whore? Perhaps because I had met you before
Soon I realized it was all a masquerade The longer you wear a mask The faster your face fades So how can long can I last?
Am I good or bad? Apparently I'm bad For I find you sad Or perhaps I am but mad
This long ride, I was dragged along It seemed so long This face I hid, I thought I was strong It seemed so wrong
In the end remains only my pride How? When I am so dead inside How can I still ask for more? Perhaps it's me meeting you once before

No comments:

Post a Comment