14.4.15

Fragments of completion - Flashback

Flashback to a memory I left behind
Flashback to a life they called mine
Flashback to a time when souls rumbled
Flashback to a memory that's now crumbled

I smiled as you took my hand
Sweat my brow as I swam through sand
Enslaved to wants and needs
Blood stains upon good deeds

I remember finally gaining a mind
Commiting a crime to rise
I remember gliding through on a train
While my friends drowned in the rain

I remember fighting to reach a throne
Surely I must have grown
To the bad
To be mad

We met, we called it "love"
Doesn't matter now that I'm above
So fuck you for loving me
I loved you for fucking me?

I remember announcing myself a god
While others were fueled by their sobs
Or cornered and forced to rob
Feeding them would cost less than my lightning rods

No comments:

Post a Comment