29.7.14

PAIN - BATTLEFIELD

Intro:-
I have never believed that war was part of our instincts but to benefit the "higher" people and this is exactly what this poem is talking about, how war never is pleasing for the warrior and that there is no honor in it.
Every verse and the next shifts between the point of view of the man and his soul.

POEM

Arms numb from the weight of the rifle
Surrounding desperate use of the bible
Hate and lies, I'm stuck inside
I only seem to be alive

Gone numb from the survival
Surrounding whispers "no revival!"
Any peace I have been denied
Couldn't you have left me behind?!

Any mercy to my body I decline
Palms sweaty standing in the frontline
My heart beats and my blood boils
Soul swallowed with every recoil

Any mercy to your soul you decline
I start to decay, I'll never be fine
To you I'm forced to be loyal
How can you feel so royal?!

A crushed skull, shot in the head
Instantly I bleed as I drop dead
My men! Remember me...don't forget
Blacked out with a whole life to regret

To demise, I've been led
To demons, I've been fed
On a shelf of lost souls I've been set
All of your dark sides I have met

My fighting all in vain
No one else to blame
My soul trapped in demise
To myself I must apologize

Where is all your honor and fame?
It's absence puts me in pain
Our unification I now can realize
How me and me share our cries

No comments:

Post a Comment