30.7.14

PAIN - DISCONNECT

Intro:-
I think this is the best poem on this set, it has been written by myself and Amr Alaa Sarhan.
It speaks of the journey a child goes through to discover the sad truth about the world

POEM

Born, found liquids within me flow
Basically I thought I was but a clone
A life of happiness, all I've known
In this silent place I have grown

A house full of respect
No flaws to detect
A child too innocent to suspect
That it was just a disconnect
Reality disconnect

Constantly I looked up to every hero
Soldiers of justice chasing virtue
Only wanted to be a hero like you
Evolved now to see none of it was true

As I stood at the doorstep of the madhouse
Unrecognizable sound, blurry vision
Too hesitated to make a decision
A far faint light shines
I shall enter and cross the line
After a while I start to realize
There were no fireworks ignition
I've walked into a land far beyond superstition
Hypocrisy infection, religious deception
Glorified lies, morality dies
Deceiving leaders, imprisoned truth seekers
Famous junkies starving countries
And the far faint light
Was just another gunfight
That was an overwhelming shock
Enough to undermine my principles
And be convinced that to live in this society
I must join the flock

I must become one
To the world I must succumb
For virtue there is no space
Discovered the nature of this race
Now I have truly "grown"
To possess a heart of stone
No longer hearing the gunfight's noise
I've given in, I had no choice
This is not what I desire
I wish to rise higher
There was always a price to pay
The old me is distantly faraway
Never wanted to be this way
But either this or be the prey

The evil has taken over me
I seek to become any hero I can be
The young I try to teach
But this lesson can not be preached

2 comments:

  1. The art in this poem is rich beyond description. The madhouse imagery is my favourite. Great job guys, you've created art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amr and I have worked decently on it and thankfully it did not disappoint.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete